Policies / EOE
What is sexual harassment?
Sexual harassment is defined in Conn. Gen. Stat. §46a-60(b)(8) as any unwelcome sexual advances or request for sexual favors or any conduct of a sexual nature when:
(A) Submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual’s employment;
(B) submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting such individual; or,
(C) such conduct has the purpose or effect of substantially interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment.
Sexual harassment can happen to anyone, regardless of the gender of either the harasser or the person harassed. Employees, interns, temporary workers and visitors to places of public accommodations are all protected by sexual harassment laws. Anyone in a workplace could be a sexual harasser, from supervisors and coworkers to vendors and visitors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training FAQs (English)
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training FAQs (Spanish)
- CHRO Sexual Harassment Written Materials (English)
- CHRO Sexual Harassment Written Materials (Spanish)
The training can be viewed here. The video training segments can be found under the "Materials" tab on the right. The tests can be found on the left. If you have issues playing or accessing the training course, please email the Commission and we will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
- No drugs or alcohol. Attitudes and tardiness will not be tolerated.
- Walking off an assignment or being asked to leave will result in immediate suspension or termination.
- If unable to report due to illness or emergency, and is not called 2 hours prior to the assignment, we will assume you no longer wish to work.
- Paychecks are issued the same week, unless client policies or night/weekend hours prohibit this; in that case paychecks will be issued the following Monday by 2:00 PM.
- No paycheck will be issued unless TempsNow! receives signed time cards with hours confirmed by the customer.
- Work boots and long pants are required on all industrial assignments.
- Black or checkered pants, white collar shirt, clean shaven and neat appearance for all Food Service positions.
- Sweat pants, shorts or shirts with grafitti will not be accepted on any assignment.
TempsNow! is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to make all personnel decisions without discriminating on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, and any other protected status.