New Britain, CT
We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, answering phones, assisting in daily office needs, and helping manage our company’s general administrative activities. This is not an entry level position. We need a candidate that is a quick learner to learn our systems and speaks professionally on the phone handling more than one phone line at a time, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments.
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers.
The ideal candidate should have excellent oral, written and phone communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and office equipment. If you have previous experience as a Secretary and Executive administrative assistant, we would like to meet you. Ultimately, a successful Admin Assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office. If you have experience in the Aerospace Industry, that would be a plus.
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant or office admin assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
No Experience Necessary
High School Diploma or GED
This position is with an Aerospace company with growth opportunities and job security. This position will be a Temp to Hire position with a probationary period of approximately 90 days. After the 90-day probationary period it will become a full-time position with full company benefits.